Catholic Youth Camp (CYC) has been in existence since 1960. For over 25 years we have called the St. Thomas More Center on Lake Panorama home. We have grown from several hundred to almost 1800 campers a summer. As the camp’s popularity continues to grow our motto of “having fun in the name of God” has not changed. We strive to maintain a high quality camp experience designed to meet the needs of different age groups. Fun fills the campers day, great “camp” food fills their stomachs and daily liturgy and prayer fill their spiritual hunger! The caring and dedicated volunteer staff create a camp experience not found at any other camp in Iowa. We currently offer four different camp opportunities:
Activities included in the CYC registration fee:
1. Regular Camp: It remains a very popular camp designed for kids entering the 3rd - 8th grades. It is for families of many ages wanting to come the same week or for 7th & 8th graders who do not want to go to a JH session. This is the same camp we have had for the last 53 years.
2. Elementary Camp: Sign-up for this camp if you are entering the 3rd - 6th grades. We have picked the ages for this camp to maximize their opportunity to do the things they like best.
3. Junior High Camp: This camp was specifically designed to meet the unique needs of adolescents going into the 7th - 8th grades. They will experience a camp adventure that is fun and more challenging.
4. 9th Grade Camp: This week is open to those entering 9th grade. This camp will help the youth begin to move into their high school years.
5. Senior High Camp: This week is open to those entering 10th grade through graduation. This camp is more faith focused. We will have special liturgies, group sharing sessions, a dance, and all the other camp activities. We have just one Senior week available.
The St. Thomas More Center offers many opportunities for its campers. Most of what we offer is part of the registration fee. Below is a list of some of the activities a camper may experience:
|Hiking||Confidence Course||Camp Fire||Jr. High Dance|
|Field Sports||BB Guns||Climbing Tower||Arts and Crafts|
|Zip Line||Fishing||Frisbee Golf||Elem. Carnival|
|Talent Show||Mass||Horse Trail Riding||Chapel|
*Camp Fees for each family are as follows:
Cost per session for 1st camper in family—$325
All other campers from the same familywill receive a $10 sibling discount (Fees include the camp week, group picture and t-shirt.)
* Please refer to the 2013 Camp Dates page for week 1, week 5 and week 11 camp fees.
Late Fee: The non-refundable $100 deposit for each camper is due at the time of registration. The remaining balance is due no later than May 15. A $10 late fee will be charged for any balance after May 15.
Financial Aid: For information and form call the St. Thomas More Center office at 515-309-1936. Please do not register online before contacting us.
Registration is first come first serve. Registration begins January 20, 2013 at noon. You can go online www.stmcenter.com to register your child(ren) or you may mail the registration form and they will be processed as received and with week availability.
Cabin Mates: A request for ONE cabin mate can be made on the registration form under the following conditions:
- Campers must be assigned the same week.
- Spelling of Cabin Mates names must be correct.
- One cabin mate request per camper.
- Camper A must request Camper B and Camper B must request Camper A.
Arrival and Departure: Camp check in will be from 12:00 p.m. -1:30 p.m. on Sunday, the opening day. Camp will end on Friday with a closing Mass for campers and parents at 10:00 a.m. Check-out will occur after Mass.